Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Merging Narrative as one Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 10:19am
I am running a report where I want to pull the narrative in. It is based on a date and time and a police incident number. What happens when I run the report is that is breaks the narrative up into individual sentences and displays a seperate incident entry with the same incident number for each sentence. I want the narrative to display all together under one incident number. Clear as mud??????????? Very new to crystal report, haven't had any training yet.
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 10:57am
Something you might try if you have not already is this. Create a Group Section based on the Incident Number, field Then put your narrative text field in the detail section.
It would look something like this:
------------------------------
Group Header Section Incident Number Field Detail Narrative Text Field
----------------------------- If it works let us know how close that gets you to what you want.
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 27 Jun 2007 at 2:02pm
pruef:
I am glad it solved that problem. If you have any other questions please post them. There are alot of people willing to help you on this forum. I learn alot just from reading the posts.
Trust me when I tell you we have all been where you are, and in fact we all are still learning how to get the most out of CR.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum