Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to expand report width Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalnet123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote crystalnet123 Replybullet Topic: How to expand report width
     Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:41am
Hi,
 
I initially posted the above question in the incorrect forum related to Data Connectivity.
 
I need to increase the width of my report which defaults to 8 on the ruler.
 
What are the steps to achieve this?
 
Thanks in advance!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 6:20am
to how big?  you could reduce the margins or go landscape.  if you need a custom size then:
 

   Posted: 28 May 2009 at 3:59pm

I need to set my page size to 8.5" horizontal by 7.375" vertical.  However, in CR2008 when the vertical size is less than the horizontal, it automatically flips the orientation to landscape.  On a modern printer, this might not be a big deal.  You can usually flip the output 90 or 180 degrees.  Unfortunately, I am working on a Okidata ML320 dot matrix printer and pre-printed forms.

 

Does anyone know a way to work around this issue.  I have tried setting the page size to 8.5H x 8.5V and then setting the bottom margin 1.125 but that causes a pagination problem when the printer advances for tear off purposes.

 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 

Gilley

Gilley Ann Estes
Senior Technical Writer
Welton USA

IPIP Logged Report%20Post

DilbertIsMyHero
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12

Quote DilbertIsMyHero Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2009 at 10:31am

After much research and trial/error, I think I found a solution...

Go to Start > Settings > Printers.
Select File > Server Properties.
Select Create New Form.
Type a name for your new form.
Enter the paper size of your form. You can also enter the margins if applicable.
Click Ports. Select the port to which the printer is attached.
Click Drivers. Select the printer driver.
Click Save Form.

Return to Crystal Reports. Go to Page Setup. Your new form should be listed in the drop-down list in the Page Options panel. It will set your horizontal and vertical dimensions to the same as you added on your new form. This will also keep the orientation correct (not changing between portrait and landscape).

Hope this helps someone else facing this problem.

Warmest regards,
Gilley Estes

Gilley Ann Estes
Senior Technical Writer
Welton USA

I saved this just in case I would ever need it.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum