Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Is it possible or am I a dreamer??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rdseal
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote rdseal Replybullet Topic: Is it possible or am I a dreamer???
     Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 11:06am
Hi all,

Is it possible or am I a dreamer???
I wish I listened to my parents and actually spend some time studying when I was younger....

So far I have managed to create a master report with about 5000 jobs/orders ready for preview so far, grouped by order name (about one order per page or two pages) Orders kept together and each new order starts on the new page.
I need to be able to save all of it, each order individually (example order name HE123456 which is {Intake.ConsignRef} and about 2 pages) into particular place (Z:\JobDocs\HE123456) which is existing folder for this job, with specific name (Goods In from ({Intake.Suplier}) or something) as pdf file?
And in the future how can I update the report & save newly created orders without creating a lot of problems?

I thought I could export it to excel and try something there but I hate these little macros in excel..

Please HELP! I don't want to do this manually.... it will take forever & I will have to start looking for another job......... :(

Need more info? Please ask. Many thanks in advance.

Please tell me I am not a Dreamer

rdseal
read read read
IP IP Logged
rdseal
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote rdseal Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 11:10am
Forgot to say that I am using CR2008.

Thanks
read read read
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:37am
It can be done, but not directly in Crystal.  You have a couple of options:
 
1.  Write code to do this and for that you need the Developer version of Crystal.  There are very powerful Java and .NET SDK's available.
 
2.  Look for a third-party tool that will handle this for you.  A good place to start looking is at www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html.  Ken has a good list of what's available with links to the software sites.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
rdseal
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote rdseal Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:42am
Many thanks for your e-mail Dell.

I have started with my "excel" approach but that dose look very messy.....

I will definitely explore your options.

Ta very much
read read read
IP IP Logged
rdseal
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote rdseal Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 8:38am
Current solution is Visual Cut 11.

If I will find free ap I will update.


Ta
read read read
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum