Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Use different group footer for odd and even pages Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lauraong613
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote lauraong613 Replybullet Topic: Use different group footer for odd and even pages
     Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 9:02am
Hello,

I'm facing a problem in displaying different group footer for odd and even pages.

I created a subreport which consist of group header, details and group footer. In the group footer, I have total for each of the details. However, the group footer need to have different height when display in odd and even page.
I tried to add another group footer and set to suppress using formula : PageNumber MOD 2 = 0 for Odd Pages ;
               PageNumber MOD 2 = 1 for Even Pages.

When i generate the report, it adds additional blank page in between the pages.

I'm out of idea how to solve the problem and urgently need help.

Can someone please help me.. Thanks in advance... :)


IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 6:59am
I was going to suggest 2 footers, which you already did, but a subreport is a different beast.  I try to stay away from formatting on a page level for subreports, as I don't 'know' that they 'know' what page they are on.  They don't have page headers and footers, and can span multiple pages, and can have multiple groups on 1 page, since they may displayed several times on 1 page.
 
I would try to move the logic out of the subreport and into the main report.  Shared variables will transfer values.
 
It's a thought, hope it helps.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum