Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub-Report Prompt issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
siddiqmusaliar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote siddiqmusaliar Replybullet Topic: Sub-Report Prompt issue
     Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 6:40am

I have two subreports, One in the group section and the second sub-report in the details section which are linked to main report by the campaigID. The subreports retrieves the data from the global temp table created by the Main report query . The subreport has no parameter in its query but rather uses the link parameter  (campaignID) from the main report to filter the data.

 

Issue:

When I run the report it is prompting to enter the link parameter value(CampaignID) .  We have no parameter in the  query of the subreport. The Main report query’s parameter is the date type which is working fine. I don’t understand why it is prompting to input the link parameter value.

 

Link:

Selected the campaignID from the Main report and selected the matching field in the sub-report and also selected the “?Pm-campaingID” present below in the link diaog box. I also tried removing the matching field in sub report and used only the “?Pm-campaingID” but I face the same issue.

 

I do not have this issue in crystal reports X1 but only when I deploy the report in the web application.

 

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 8:21am
How are you setting the parameters in the web application code?  What language are you using for the web app?  It's been a while since I've done this but, IIRC, you need to be sure that your application only sets the values for the parameters in the main report and be sure not to touch (set or clear) any parameter that starts with "?Pm-".  There may be more to it, but I need to dig into some old code that is not on this computer.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
siddiqmusaliar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote siddiqmusaliar Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 11:02pm
We are using the Crystal Reports Interface which is hosted by Java..The jave appln we use is not even remotely connected to the way the crystal reports functions.it is just used for hosting the crystal reports appln.
We just take the rpt file and host in the java appln.So all parameter settings are taken from the design which we did in crystal reports XI tool
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 6:59am
Hmm....I'm not familiar with the Java interface to Crystal - I do .NET stuff - so I'm not sure what it might be doing in the background to cause this.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum