Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help regarding links Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tgf-47
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote tgf-47 Replybullet Topic: Help regarding links
     Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 2:11am
How do I link the data in my crystal report to filter data in another report on the item I clicked.
 
eg. I have my products table (Report) displaying all the product like soda, chips, sauces..... NOW when I click on, say the data item called soda. I want the other report, brands table (Report), to filter so it only shows the different brands of soda....
 
Anyone know how to do this?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:00am
Does this have to be a separate report, or can you use an on-demand subreport?  The drawback to using a subreport is that you can only drill in one level - subreports cannot contain subreports.  You could also possible create a drill-down report that will allow you to drill in to multiple levels.  You do this by hiding (NOT supressing!) the sections you want to drill into.  Then when the user double-clicks on the product, the hidden section will open up to display the brands.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum