Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date format from Designer to Viewer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CMiner
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote CMiner Replybullet Topic: Date format from Designer to Viewer
     Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 3:20pm
Using Crystal Reports Designer XI

Problem:  I have a line graph showing a change in a value over time.  The date fields, in designer, are set to display a format of MMM-yy (i.e. Feb-10).

When the report is viewed in Crystal Viewer, the graph displays the dates in mm/dd/yyyy format.

After googling for a solution I've found that Viewer uses the current user's system settings for date formats.  Changing the system settings for all users who will be viewing this report is, in my case, not an acceptable solution.

Attempted fixes:
I've gone to File -> Options -> Fields and set the default format for both Date and Date Time fields to MMM-yy.

I've gone to Format Editor on the date field, selected 'Customize' and selected Custom as the date type, instead of either of the "Windows Default" options, and created the MMM-yy format that I want.

I cannot use the ToText function to forcibly alter the display of the date, because that makes the graph order the dates alphabetically, so I get April, August, December, etc.


Thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
CMiner
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote CMiner Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 3:02pm
Bump.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum