Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Linking Issues - Need Help ASAP Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Temp
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Temp Replybullet Topic: Linking Issues - Need Help ASAP
     Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 6:42am
I have customized an existing Crystal Report - the Daily Shipping Report.  The report runs, however, instead of listing the companies and company addresses that were shipped to on a particular day, the report repeats the company names listing ALL the "ship-to" addresses for that company.
 
I am assuming I have a linking issue.  Below is a summary of how I have linked the tables.   The TABLE names are in capital letters and the linked fields are in parenthesis.
 
I brought in the SALES ORDERS and ORGANIZATION LOCATIONS table in order to get the customer ship-to address (and other info) to appear on the report.
 
SHIPMENTS (shipment ID)  linked to SHIPMENT LINES (Shipment ID)
 
SHIPMENT LINES (SalesOrderID) linked to SALES ORDERS (SalesOrderID)
 
SALES ORDERS (CustomerOrganizationID) linked to ORGANIZATION LOCATIONS (Organization ID)
Temp
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:11pm

Sounds like there are multiple orders per company.  Grouping by Company name (Organization ID?)  might help in this situation.  Without knowing the data, it is difficult to know for sure.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum