Topic: Two Queries in One Report Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 2:37am
Hi!
I have two queries/records in one report, the first query displays current data and the second query displays prior data, both records contains the same fields, for the query link I did an outer left join, however when I tried
previewing the report I'm getting a "not supported " messageand "Unknown Query engine error" , I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions with regards to this issue.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 10:28am
I have no idea what the error is. Have you looked at Show SQL Query to see what CR is passing to the database? Also, if I was doing this report, I would probably create a SQL Command object and use the UNION keyword to combine the data. This makes both tables appear as one single table with sequential data. You might want to try this as well.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 11:00am
Just another thought which I suppose have already done is to lake a look at the query link. I am not clear where you are linking the fields, but it sounds like it is in the designer. If you are using the designer and linking two different queries(command objects ) you should look at the fields you are linking. It still needs to be a relational join or will give you errors.
Yup! I'm linking the fields at the designer, Actually both records has the same fields the only difference is that Record1 has prior data and Record2 has current data.
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 23 Jun 2007 at 11:12am
If you have not resolved this issue, as you look at what you are using as the linking fields here is a suggestion. Understand I am kind of working in the dark about your data, but one place to start is to use your primary grouping field. I say that because that is way you want your data presented.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum