Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date Values issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
imatuck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote imatuck Replybullet Topic: Date Values issues
     Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 4:00pm
I have two date fields (date tables) in my database that are in the same row as a text table.  The way the database is set up is that you can have multiple rows that will display a venue  (text table) with the corresponding dates (date tables).  The information on the venue is pulled from a table and the dates are not associated with the venue except in the row.   Below is  the set up.
 
The problem I am having in Crystal is in my subreport where I am pulling the venue information along with the dates.  If there is only one venue, the information all pulls correctly and there are no issues.  However, if there is more then one venue, all venue information pulls correctly, however, the dates will only pull the start date for the first row.  The end dates are then omitted and the same start date will appear with each venue.   I always use a left outer link when adding subreports, however, I tried other links and get the same results.
 
In addition to that issue, if there is more then one venue/row, then I cannot use a string or totext formula to convert the date values to text.  It’s puzzling since I can use these formulas in other reports when converting date to text.
 
Any thoughts on what I can try differently to get the links working? Thanks.
I have two date fields (date tables) in my database that are in the same row as a text table.  The way the database is set up is that you can have multiple rows that will display a venue  (text table) with the corresponding dates (date tables).  The information on the venue is pulled from a table and the dates are not associated with the venue except in the row.   Below is  the set up.
 
The problem I am having in Crystal is in my subreport where I am pulling the venue information along with the dates.  If there is only one venue, the information all pulls correctly and there are no issues.  However, if there is more then one venue, all venue information pulls correctly, however, the dates will only pull the start date for the first row.  The end dates are then omitted and the same start date will appear with each venue.   I always use a left outer link when adding subreports, however, I tried other links and get the same results.
 
In addition to that issue, if there is more then one venue/row, then I cannot use a string or totext formula to convert the date values to text.  It’s puzzling since I can use these formulas in other reports when converting date to text.
 
Any thoughts on what I can try differently to get the links working? Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum