Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Shared Variable Gone if Details Section Hidden Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kathievans
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote kathievans Replybullet Topic: Shared Variable Gone if Details Section Hidden
     Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:01am
I'm passing a shared variable from a subreport in the Details section to a Group Footer in the Main Report.  Works fine as long as I show the Details section, but shared variable values all change to '0' if I Hide (Drill-DownOK) the Details section.  Is this supposed to happen?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:53am
Hmm...don't know about hide, but I suppress the detail section all the time with shared variables...Oh hold on, it is from a subreport.  This one of those special situations.  I seem to recall Brian saying that you need to put the subreport in its own section, to get the shared variable back when the section is supressed.  If other controls are in the section, then the behavior you are describing occurs.
 
It is worth a try....
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum