Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Design / Layout Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
themightydude
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote themightydude Replybullet Topic: Design / Layout
     Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:00am
I'm working on a report right now that shows how much customers have bought from us in the past 5 years.

Right now, I have this in 2 groups.

First group is customer name, then the second group is a group on invoice date.

So the end result I get is:

COMPANY NAME
    YEAR           AMOUNT PURCHASED
    YEAR 2        AMOUNT PURCHASED

etc etc.

However, what I want to do is have it laid out more horizontaly.

So for example:


COMPANY NAME     2005      2006     2007    2008

etc etc..

I can't seem to figure out I can do that.

If you need more input from me just let me know..hopefully, that is pretty clear.

Thanks,
Matt
IP IP Logged
petem
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote petem Replybullet Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 7:45pm
Have a play around with cross-tabs

create a formula that gives you the year and put it in the columns of the cross tab, put the amount purchased in the summarized field, then the company name in the rows and see what you get.

put the cross tab in one of your group sections

see how you go

Edited by petem - 18 Jan 2010 at 7:46pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum