I'm using SQL 2005 and CR 2008 for report design. The report server is CR 9, which is causing problems with optional parameters, and parameters in general. The simple solution to my problem would be to use one platform, but not being the decision maker, I'm tasked with getting around the issues.
I have a SP with 5 Parameters - @StartDate, @EndDate, @Company, @Division and @Office. StartDate and EndDate are mandatory parameters. What I'm wanting to do is use one SP, and create 4 or more reports, with each report using @StartDate, @EndDate, and one of the other three parameters.
Problem: Using the Report Creation Wizard, selecting the SP, I get a prompt to enter values for all 5 Parameters. I select "Set to Null" and continue. In the field explorer, I cannot delete the unwanted parameters, and the version incompatibility, won't pass null to the SP.
Does anyone know of a way to prevent the Creation Wizard from attaching to the SP Parameters, with code in the SP or something? That way I could work with whatever parameters I choose.
Also, the "Optional Parameter" option is not accessible when using a SP, static list of values, only when using a view or table. When I try using "Dynamic List Of Values", the Optional Parameter is available, but the min-max value is not, and min - max are required for me to run the CR2008 report on CR 9 server. Is there a way to enable "Optional Parameter" when using a SP AND Static List of Values, with code in the SP or Record Formula?
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
Ernest