Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cannot Add Stored Procedure Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Scamp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote Scamp Replybullet Topic: Cannot Add Stored Procedure
     Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 7:30am
Hello all,
 
I am using Crystal Reports 9.2 to design a report showing schedule, dispatch, and complete times using the SQL database for our ticket management system. The times are showing up in Greenwich Mean Time, and we are in Central Standard Time zone. I was told by the manufacturer of the ticket management system that there is a stored procedure in the database called "fn_convert_from_gmt_time;0" that would convert the time to CST. The first parameter to enter is time zone, then the second parameter is the date/time field to be converted.
 
Here's the problem - when I attempt to add the stored procedure to my report, a dialogue box appears asking for the parameters. The first parameter is @p_to_time_zone, and the second is @p_gmt_time. I tried adding "CST" as the first parameter, and the only choice I am given for the second parameter is a specific date and time (if I click on the drop down for the date I get a calendar to choose another date from.) No matter what I enter into the parameters I receive an error stating "Not Supported. Cannot obtain error message from server." This happens no matter what I enter as parameters, and also if I check the "Set to null value" box for both parameters. I cannot add this stored procedure to my report due to the problem with the parameters. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I am having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help!
 
Ron S.
Ron
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 9:00am
It appears that the stored procedure does not like the values being passed to it.  You would need to see what is actually being passed to the SQL.  I do not know if it will look at the SQL statement.  If you can then you should be able to determine the data values being passed to the stored procedure, it not I would see if you can see if you can 'hard code' values in the parameters.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum