Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: DIVISION BY ZERO Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
asphaltdon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote asphaltdon Replybullet Topic: DIVISION BY ZERO
     Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:37am

I have written a formula that shows percent of income.  I want to show a negative percentage if the job cost is more then the job billed.

this is the formula that puts a zero in the jobs that lost money but I need the negative percentage.
 
@over/under is job to date billed minus job to date cost.
DON MEEKER
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:13am
why not...
 
I am assuming that @over/under can be negative, this will now show the negative value and skip the divide by zero error.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum