Topic: Calculating Mileage based on dates. Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 7:12am
I have a table that has a date field and a mileage number.
For example it might read:
Jan 01 10000
Feb 01 12000
Mar 01 16000
etc.
I need to be able to calculate the current month as well as the YTD numbers. So on Mar 1st I would calculate 4,000 for the month and 6,000 for the year.
Just to make it more difficult there may not be a reading every month. It seems like I should be able to do it but in ten years of working with Crystal I have never come across this before and am stumped.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 7:11am
I would think a formula with variables should do it. If a reading is missing, that shouldn't affect a formula, while a null value would have to be accounted for, otherwise, it is just a couple of counters.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum