Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Printed output does not reflect design settings Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
newbie14
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote newbie14 Replybullet Topic: Printed output does not reflect design settings
     Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 10:44am

Dear All,
             I have a bill to be printed on a size of 8.5 by 5.5. So I have set the both the left margin and right margin to 0 using the Design option followed by Page Setup. Then even in my code I have put this settings as below in my code too. The problem is that is appears fine in my crystal report preview but when it gets printed on the paper I have a left margin of 2 cm and with this all my contents does get to be viewed properly. So is there any solution to this. Just to add on I have set this paper size as a custom paper size and even there I did not set any margin left it all to 0.

CrystalDecisions.Shared.

PageMargins margins;

margins = myReport.PrintOptions.PageMargins;

margins.bottomMargin = 0;

margins.leftMargin = 0;

margins.rightMargin = 0;

margins.topMargin = 0;

myReport.PrintOptions.ApplyPageMargins(margins);

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 7:30am
The issue is probably with your printer.  Most printers have margins that they will not print in, regardless of whether the document they're using has text in the area.  There is no way around this.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
newbie14
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote newbie14 Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 7:48am
Dear Dell,
              Ok so what you are saying is that even I set it to zero the printer will start from a certain margin is it? Thank you.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:10am

Yes, that's what I'm saying.  Sorry!

-Dell

IP IP Logged
newbie14
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote newbie14 Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:14am
Dear Dell,
               Thank you that is beyond our control.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum