Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Changing the Filed Width and it's Header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mohdssiraj20
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mohdssiraj20 Replybullet Topic: Changing the Filed Width and it's Header
     Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:24pm
Hi,
 
Is it possiable to change the width of filed in detail section and it's corresponding header at run time, using crystal report[No DOT NET CODE].
 
Actually Iam rendering the column dynamically in my report. My report maximum can render 3 column. Say for eg If i get 3rd column data empty then I want to hide that column and distrucbute it's space[width] between other two column.
Eg 1:
 
         -------COL1------------COL2------------COL3-------
 
Eg 2:
 
        --------------COL1-------------------COL2--------------
 
Thanks
Siraj
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 6:05am
yes, at least if it is CR XI.
 
Look at the 'Size and Position' option.  You can dynamically change the both the size and the position of the field.  The biggest item to note: the measurements are points, so if you want to move 1 inch to the right, it is 1440, not 1 as you would suppose by looking at the X & Y coordinates.  To move to the left is -1440.  So multiply your movements in inches by 1440 and things should be fine (same goes for sizing).
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
mohdssiraj20
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mohdssiraj20 Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 8:12am
Thanks for the reply,
 
Iam using Crystal Report which comes with VS2005, is it possiable to achive the desired functionality?.
 
I Can even upgrade to VS2008, so my question is does crystal report comes with VS2008 support dynamic sizing?
 
Please suggest
Siraj
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 2:26pm
Sorry, I don't know offhand.  What is default to VS2005 doesn't, unfortunately, I am not working with VS2008. I would think that it does, but I really don't know the version packaged with VS2008.
 
CR XI does, so I am guessing that VS2008 does.
IP IP Logged
mohdssiraj20
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mohdssiraj20 Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 9:02pm
Thanks for the reply.
 
Can you please tell me the steps involved in.
I won't find any function(x-->) or button, when I right click on the textbox/detail item.
 
Please suggest, where can i find those options which let me to change size & postion at runtime.
 
Thanks
Siraj
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 6:03am
you can't do it at run time, it has to be in design time.  You might be able to access it through .Net, but you didn't want to do that.
 
you would create a formula in the x-1 button, but if you can't see that button, I don't know how to accomplish the task.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum