Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Grouping Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 9:05am
I am using three databases 1 Oracle and 2 Excel. They are linked together and the order is set. I preview the report and the total of the data is on the penny with another report. I then insert two groups and lose 5 records. Any clu
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:26pm
when you grouped did this introduce a field from any of the 3 tables for the first time into the report or did all 3 tables have a value in the report already?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:41pm
in crystal the joins are not enforced (unless you explicitly make them so) until a field from the table is used.
Since you cannot left join with excel you may be dropping records when you use a field from any source for the first time.
It is quite odd to watch a report jump from a million records to 0 just by adding a field to it (i just did that about 5 minutes ago because my join was on the wrong field)
Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:27pm
Thanks for your help. I discovered that I was missing records in my two excel files, so that when a lookup failed for a field then it eliminated the record. I think that's what you were saying previously.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum