Hi
Apologies for taking so long to reply. There are two distinct bugs here.
This a stacked bar chart & I need to use all 255 fields of the Access db.
1. If you add more than approx. 215 fields to the report you are unable to select the 'report riser' (to say change the riser colour). So you add about 210 fields, edit the risers as required then add the additional fields up to 255.
2. Fields 66,67,68,69 & 130,131,132,133, & 194,195,196,197 will mess up the report by not displaying the data and shifting the data back 1 field.
I have not found a complete fix for this latter bug but if field 65 is NOT included in the report fields 66,67,68, & 69 work correctly. Unfortunately this does not work with the other 2 groups of fields.
I have managed to achieve the result I need by a complex process of loading the db with data which jumps the duff fields etc but it has been very frustrating.
I also notice (which I think is a CR internal design issue) that you cannot exceed 255 fields in a chart report , so if you have 2 charts in one report they have to share 255 fields.

If you need more info on 1 & 2 above please let me know.