Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: ODBC Connections - Crystal Reports Server XI R2 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JimNicholson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote JimNicholson Replybullet Topic: ODBC Connections - Crystal Reports Server XI R2
     Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:16am
I am trying to run a report in InfoView (Crystal Reports Server XI R2) and each time I try to run it, it returns the following error:

Status:  Failed
Printer:  The instance is not printed.
External Destination:  None
Creation Time:  11/20/2009 11:10 AM
Start Time:  11/20/2009 11:10 AM
End Time:  11/20/2009 11:10 AM
Server Used:  ebsvru02.reportjobserver
Error Message:  Error in File D:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\ebsvru02.reportjobserver\~tmp19b45eae9f5c7f0.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. Details: [Database Vendor Code: -1023 ]

I am logging in using both enterprise login admin account, and my network ID (Windows AD)  Neither are working.  I am trying to run the report through infoview, using an ODBC connection which I setup on the server to an accdb on the network.

When I move the database to the report server local drive, and repoint the ODBC connection the report is using, everything works fine.  Unfortunately, this report needs to be run often, and the database cannot be copied because it is constantly changing.  I would really like to get this to work using the existing network setup.

There is no username or password associated with this database.
 
What I am assuming is that the account that InfoView is running as does not have the proper access to the share, is there any way to get infoview to run as a different (network) account?

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:14am
What account runs the services for CRS?  The default is the local services account, which doesn't have access to network resources.  Best Practice is to change this to a network "service" account that is then given access to the network resources needed in order to run reports.  The account need to have Administrator access on the server where CRS is running and generally service accounts don't fall under normal password change re
 
In order to change the account, go into the Central Configuration Manager, stop the CMS and any other servers there.  Go into the properties for each of the servers and change the login to the services account on the first tab.
 
-Dell

 

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum