Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Date Parameter Subreport Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
creative
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote creative Replybullet Topic: Date Parameter Subreport Help
     Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 7:24am
Okay, here's my scenario:

1 Main report with 12 subreports. 
 
I want to display the subreports as long as the month used in the main reports' date parameter matches that month.
 
The main report will house data for a specific time period specified by the user and the subreports are set data for each of the 12 months of the year. 
 
If the usere puts in a date range of 2009-10-01 thru 2009-10-31, I want the October subreport to display. 
 
And if the user puts in a date range of 2009-10-01 thru 2009-12-31, I want the October, November, & December subreports to display.
 
Someone please help if you understand what I'm talking about. 
 
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 12:54pm
I will try posting this again.  I posted a few minutes ago, but it apparently got lost.

Anyhow, I suggest that you supress the 12 subreports using a formula (i.e, if the date parameter not in the date range, suppress it).

Then put each of the subreports in a section (multiple group sections?).  Make them as small as possible and collapse the section as small as possible (hopefully to avoid extra line spacing).

Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum