Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Disable drill down when group has no records. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
terry999
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote terry999 Replybullet Topic: Disable drill down when group has no records.
     Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 7:29pm
Hi I have a simple report, which I stripped almost everything out.
 
GH1   - ShopID
GH2  -  Sales AssistantID
Details - Sale details (shows SaleID)
GF2 - (Suppressed)
GF1  - (suppressed)
PF - (Suppressed)
 
Details Sections is: hide drill down ok, suppressed if @NoSales = true
@NoSales is a formula = isnull(saleID)
 
If I drill down on GH2 when Assistant made no sales I get GH2 shown and nothing underneath. So I conditonally suppress GH2 on:
 @NoSales and drilldowngrouplevel <> 0
 
The result is when clicking on GH2 when the Assistant made no sales I get a blank page. In design mode there are no section codes shown on this blank page so it would seem my code is working i.e. GH2 and details sections are suppressed. What is this blank page then and how do I stop it.
 
At a loss to explain what this blank page is. I've hidden
 
IP IP Logged
terry999
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote terry999 Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 3:26am

My workaround is to copy GH2's contents so have 2 sections with same date

GH2a - suppress when have no sales
GH2b - suppress when have sales
 
On GH2b - I place a large text box over whole section stops user being able to drill down.
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum