Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parameters in Subreport - Urgent Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
zahidkhan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote zahidkhan Replybullet Topic: Parameters in Subreport - Urgent
     Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 3:10am
Hi All,

I have a report which has one main report and two subreports. Just to explain my problem in detail that my report is as follows:

Main Repot based on a command (select empno, ename, address from emp where deptno = :p_deptno)

Sub Report1 based on a command (select empno, attendace_days from emp_attendance where deptno = :p_deptno)

Sub Report2 based on a command (select empno, sal, comm from emp_sal where deptno = :p_deptno)

You can see that all the reports above are using same parameter name :p_deptno. I have created parameter in commands.
So, when I run the report, it displays three parameter fields. So, I enter department 10 in all the three boxes to run the report. But I want to enter department parameter value just once. What is the best way to achieve this. ?

Thanks,
Zahid


Edited by zahidkhan - 15 Nov 2009 at 4:39am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 1:20pm

For the subreports, use the links to point them to the parameter in the main report.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum