Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: suppress main report based on subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TheBig1980s
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote TheBig1980s Replybullet Topic: suppress main report based on subreport
     Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 2:39pm
Hello:
 
In Crystal XI, I want to suppress sections of the main report when either of the two subreports that I have on my main report are blank. 
 
Specifically, each of these two subreports does not always show data.  That's because I have configured the one and only field in each subreport to suppress itself when that field is greater than or equal to 0.
 
In any case, if either of these two subreports are not displaying data, I do not want sections of the main report to display data.  And, that's true if those sections contain either of these two subreports, any other subreports, or simply data from the main report.
 
How do I configure this?
 
TheBig1980s
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 6:49am
shared variables. Set them in the subreports and access them in the suppression formulas. They can be simple booleans, as in this case, if either is false you want to suppress, so the suppression formulas are very simple....
shared booleanvar var1;
shared booleanvar var2;
 
not (var1 and var2)
 
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum