Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Return data for most recent date Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 9:32am
I am using Crystal 11. I need the most recent data for a particular data item. This would apply to the entire report and I would need to sum just the most recent data. There are multiple historical records per data item. I've created a formula "maximum({datefield})" and tried to use in in my group or selection formula, but I keep getting the message "a boolean is required here". I've tried writing "maximum({datefield})" directly in the selection formula and get the message "A funtion cannot be used because it must be evaluated later". How can I return the most recent data and be able to sum on it?
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 12:34pm
I have done a lot of tricks by grouping. Inner group - {datefield}, outer group - item. Put the datefield in the outer group and that will be the max datefield for that item.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum