Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: subreport / main report filter-formula suppression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
spl1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote spl1 Replybullet Topic: subreport / main report filter-formula suppression
     Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 3:16am
Hi
I have created a subreport which details pension amount being paid (currency)(if nothing paid then reports 0).
The main report is grouped by person name and payroll number and the subreport is linked via the payroll number. The subreport does not hold person name.

The report declares all names and the correct amount of pension being paid.
However, I have been asked to split the report to show 0 amount being paid by person.
I have brought the amount of pension being paid into the main report using shared currencyvar. This does not show in sort expert to define it to declare formula =0

I've tried via formulas that if pension is <>0 then dont show persons name - but this left a blank line in the report

I've tried declaring 0 currency on the subreport only and this then makes the main report declare all with 0 pension even though I know they have a value - ie the main report still brings back the persons name regardless.

Any idea's how I can filter the main report
Sarah
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 6:45am
have you tried suppressing the line if the pension is 0? This won't leave the blank space.
IP IP Logged
spl1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote spl1 Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 2:13am
Thank you for your tip, managed to suppress it now.
Sarah
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum