Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Total - Not Matching Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
karthizen
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote karthizen Replybullet Topic: Group Total - Not Matching
     Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 10:01pm

Hi,

I am working on a requirement where I need to select records based on a specific date.  The report is generated from a software where initally I will specify the Begin and End date based on which originally the records are selected. 

Now the requirement needs to again select records with in a specific date range which falls between the Begin and End date I have already specified, I have did that too using a formula & using parameters like the following

{code}{SAMPLETABLE.RELEASE_DATE} >= {?From} and {SAMPLETABLE.RELEASE_DATE} <= {?To}{code}

Grouping is also carried about based on the original parameters (i.e., Begin & End date).

In the report footer we have three summary fields & the Total does not match with the sum in the details section after giving the Release date parameters.

To make more clear,

Let me say the From date as 01/01/1960 & the End date as 01/01/2009 & the number of records in this range is 4. 
Name Release Date Field 1 Field 2 Field 3
Test1 1/1/1960            100    70   80
Test2 1/10/1990            52    98   74
Test3 1/11/1999          100    25   74
Test 4 1/1/2009              47    75   85
Total                              299  268  313

If I give the release date between 1/10/1990 & 1/11/1999 it selects two records but the Total remains the same.

Name Release Date Field 1 Field 2 Field 3
Test2 1/10/1990         52   98  74
Test3 1/11/1999       100   25  74
Total                        299 268 313

Can any one point me in right direction? Where I need to make change to get the total based on the selected records?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Karthi

Regards,
Karthik...
IP IP Logged
karthizen
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote karthizen Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 11:57pm
Well.... using Running Total fields solved the problem !!!!Smile

Edited by karthizen - 03 Nov 2009 at 11:58pm
Regards,
Karthik...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum