Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Help with Formulas and Variables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chemistz
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote chemistz Replybullet Topic: Help with Formulas and Variables
     Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 10:58am
It has been a long time since I used variable with Crystal Reports.
I need to create a formula that will place a marker in a variable every time a new record is encountered but only until the Group changes. It needs to reset each time a new Groups is encountered. The field I want to count falls out under a Group but I when I use the Group Number field, that does not achieve my objective. Even though the Group Number ultimately has the correct total, I need to only see the final # & on the same line as the Group Header. Can anyone help?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 6:32am
depends on what you want to do.  You can create a delimited string and add id's to it.  This way you can search the string and if the ID isn't there, then set the flag, and in each group header, reset the string to "".
 
Does that work for you?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum