Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Exporting to CSV Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Carolsd
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Carolsd Replybullet Topic: Exporting to CSV
     Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 8:40am
I am having trouble exporting a report to a CSV format. When I attempt it, the header row data appears in every record, and the subreport data doesn't appear at all. Plus, it's a spreadsheet, not CSV. Can anyone assist with this? Thank you.
 
 
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:12am

A couple of notes about exporting to CSV.  Yes you will get any and all header info for each row (make a special report with out the header info, if you are using csv, you don't want that info anyway).  I do not know how you are exporting (to a file, application, etc.), if export to an application, then it will default to using a spreadsheet program to opening the file.  Also if you double click on a csv file it will normally default to using a spreadsheet application.  As far as the sub-report, I do not know.  I have never exported to csv when I had a subreport.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum