Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report Footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
AngK
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote AngK Replybullet Topic: Report Footer
     Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 7:13am
Help!!  Ok let's see if I can explain this...We are using MAS90 and running reports from Work Order Travler Printing in order to print out our travler. This prints out all the steps per part number for the shop. Some reports are either one, two or some are three pages and so forth. 
At the bottom of the LAST page or the only page I need it to say "Total Scrap" and "Total Produced".  However, when I go to print out several work order travlers at the same time for different part numbers it ONLY prints out on the LAST page of the reports I chose to print.  I need that text to show up on the LAST page or the ONLY page of that one part number but be able to print out several part numbers at the same time.  If I put the text on the Page Footer of course it prints out on every page and the owner doesn't want that because it is not needed on every page.  Is there a way to have the text print out at the bottom of the page for each seperate part number and print out several part numbers at a time?...so is this clear as mud?  I hope it makes sense and someone can help.  I have tried everything I can think of!  Dead
Ang
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 8:22am
Why not use a group footer (grouped on part #)?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 8:31am
assuming you have a page break per part# and you really need to use the page footer instead of a group footer you can either suppress text conditionally with the formula
onlastrecord or next({table.partnumber})<>{table.partnumber}
or you can use a formula field to create text that changes based:
 
if onlastrecord or next({table.partnumber})<>{table.partnumber}
then "Last Page Text Here" else "Other text here"


Edited by DBlank - 23 Oct 2009 at 8:31am
IP IP Logged
AngK
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote AngK Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 8:33am
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  It worked!!!  I am new to the whole Crystal Reports thing and I tought I had tried everything.  I knew it was something so simple that I was missing it!  So Thank you very much!!!!  Clap
Ang
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum