Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Using 3 data source to create 1 Table Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
squirrel girl
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote squirrel girl Replybullet Topic: Using 3 data source to create 1 Table
     Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 12:47pm
I am designing a report that pulls information from 3 different tables that are link on "serverName". Table 1 contains hardware information--has more server names than the other tables; Table 2 contains software info; Table 3 contains contact info.
1.   I need all server names and specific information to display from Table 1.
2.   I need to compare Table 1 & 3 on serveName field, if there is a match I need the contact information for the servers from Table 3 to display. 
3.   I need to compare Table 1 & 2 on serverName field, if there is a match I need the software information for the servers to display from Table 2.
4.   I need to know if server names exist in Tables 2 & 3 that are not in Table 1.
 
Here is what I have done:
·     For #1 I grouped {'Combo__'.Server Name} — But it does not provide the entire list of servers.  This table is from an Excel Spreadsheet
·     For #2 Created a formula field name Contact:
//trying to get the contact info to print with server name
 
If {Assets.General/Asset Name} = {serverContacts.servername} then
{Assets.General/Asset Name}
 
But this does not accomplish #1.
 
·     For #3 Created a formula field name Software
 
If {Assets.General/Asset Name} = {'Combo__'.Server Name} then
{'Combo__'.Description & Funcional Summary}
 
·     For #4—I am unsure how to address.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 1:47pm
Can you use a different source than Excel?
You need to do full outerjoins which I believe are not supported using that data source Unhappy
IP IP Logged
squirrel girl
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote squirrel girl Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 10:28am
Do you have any suggestions to use besides Excel?  I tried Access and received the same responce.  Can the SQL Union be used instead?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 11:22am

Not sure...

Maybe yuou can use a Command and that would let you write a SQL statement using a Full outerjoin on the excel data but I have not tried that before. I almost always use SQl as my source so I have not had to deal with this issue.
 
Ideas anyone?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum