Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running Total By Group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dnagahawatte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dnagahawatte Replybullet Topic: Running Total By Group
     Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 10:01am
I have a report that has many Client Groups and costs incurred by client group.
I have grouped this record by Client Group and now want a runnig total for each and every Client group.
I tried evaluate the running total by the Client_Group Field at change of field but does not work.
Can someone help please??
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 10:17am
Can you post a little sample data asyou have it grouped and what the value is that you are wanting to get at.
IP IP Logged
dnagahawatte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dnagahawatte Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 1:29am
Jan
    M&S
         M&S1 - £100.00
         M&S2 - £200.00
         M&S3 - £400.00
    --------------------------
                   - £700.00
    -------------------------
    TESCO
          TES1- £100.00
          TES2- £200.00
    -------------------------
                  -£300.00
    -------------------------
FEB
    M&S
         M&S1 - £400.00
         M&S2 - £200.00
         M&S3 - £700.00
    --------------------------
                   - £Runnig Total M&S ??
    -------------------------
    TESCO
          TES1- £500.00
          TES2- £200.00
    -------------------------
                  -£Runnig Total TESCO??
    -------------------------
 
TESCO & M&S are client groups that i am talking about, but there are many of them so difficult to manually create global variabled for each and every one of them...
And report runs for Months
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 7:23am
So I understand clearly here you want each of your Group2 totals to continue to show the cumulative sum to that point of the report for all records that have that the current group name, correct? 
I do not think you can do this the way you want to. You would have to create unique total fields per Group2 option (Each Client Name) and place these one on top of another. I know you do not what to do that due to the volume of different clients.
The obvious easy solution is to flip your group order then you can just use a straight SUM at Grouplevel2 and 1...What kind of flexibility do you have in the design? Is this report trying to get at something specific that you might be able to change the approach to accomplish in a new way?
 
Anyone else see anything that I am missing?


Edited by DBlank - 16 Oct 2009 at 7:24am
IP IP Logged
dnagahawatte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dnagahawatte Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 2:28am

I think u r right mate, I couldent think of anyother solution either and finally swaped the group hirachy. OK for now. Thank you.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum