Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: parameter has no value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cr dummie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote cr dummie Replybullet Topic: parameter has no value
     Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 4:19am

I think the answer will be easy, but I can't find it.

I'm making a report in CR 2008.
I'm making a chart. When I want to add a parameter, link the value field to a database fiield, no values are shown in the box "values" below. When I browse data in a databasefield, there are values.
 
How can I change this?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 7:05am
Do you mean that you want the db to populate the list of options that appear in the parameter?
If so you need to make the parameter dynamic and point the paramter to the field you want to use as the list values.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum