Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: running report across all dates in date range Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nluoma
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote nluoma Replybullet Topic: running report across all dates in date range
     Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 7:20am
I am trying to create a summary report. Due to some software limitations of where I will be distributing the report, it cannot be create via an SQL statement and has to be created completely within Crystal Report. It should show the hours logged for a specific employee for a given date range. The problem is that the hours logged are stored in four different tables, depending if they are working on problems, incidents, etc.
I can get this to work using four subreports, grouped by table (problems, for example) then by date. So I get:
Problems
  March 1
  March 2
Incidents
  March 1
  March 2
What the users want it by date, then by record type:
March 1
  Problems
  Incidents
March 2
  Problems
  Incidents
I cannot figure out how to do this. It looks like I need to create a parent report grouped by day, that has four subreports showing each record type. However I can't figure out how to make the parent
report show the days without a table. Is there a way to use a formula to show a group for each day in the selected range, so that the subreports will run?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum