Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Incorrect Number is displayed Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
atifce
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote atifce Replybullet Topic: Incorrect Number is displayed
     Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 1:51am

I have used Number datatype in crystal report.

It has precision leve of 15 digits only.
All the digits after 15 digits are converted to ZERO (i.e. 0).
 
For example:
If I want to display a number: 8635468632416528.3652
then
crystal reports displays data as: 8635468632416520.0000
.
 
I am using oracle 10g database. I have checked my query as well, it is returning me the correct resultset.
 
I have also created a formula in crystal report and wrote this number,
 then I came to conclusion that it is crystal report datatype precision problem.
 
Please let me know what should I do?
Is there any datatype in crystal report which can give greater precision?
Please advice?
Committment to Deliver Best Always
IP IP Logged
themessenger
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Quote themessenger Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 3:56am
Could you not split the number up into two strings and then concatenate the two strings in Crystal? Not a pretty way - but should work.

You are right that Crystal does have a limitation issue with massive numbers.
Managing Director
www.allmymenus.com
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum