Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: First post ... and a question about charts. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
BoDyReMoVeR
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote BoDyReMoVeR Replybullet Topic: First post ... and a question about charts.
     Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 2:56am
Hi everyone.
 
First post ... and it's a question about how best to handle data to be used in charts. I'm new to Crystal Reports (I'm using XI) so please forgive me if it's a really numpty question.
 
I have some SAN switches that I query using SNMP every 15 minutes and store the hostname, state, KB/s & MB/s throughput of each switch port in a MySQL database. Not all ports are in use so the state field marked as being "disabled" (or "enabled" if they are in use)
 
I've produced a report that groups by switch hostname and port number. I've then created line charts that show the throughput of each port. I've used the Select Expert to only show charts for those switch ports that are enabled. (ie; if there's nothing plugged into a port i'm not interested in seeing a graph for it)
 
I'm very please with the results so far.
 
My problem is that some ports that are enabled but have no data going through so both KB/s and MB/s fields are always 0.00. These charts are also shown but the Y axis goes from -6 to 6 (T shaped) instead of starting at 0. (L shaped) I'd like the structure of all charts to be consistantly L shaped. The only way I've found around this is to turn off the "Auto Range" tick box and use the Min and Max options. I'd prefer not to do this as the Auto Range suits the way I'd like my data to be displayed.
 
I've two options for those switch ports that are enabled but have no data going through them ...
 
1. Find a way of setting them to be L shaped so they're consistent with all the other charts.
 
2. Find a way of not showing them. I'm not really interested in seeing a chart for a switch port that, although enabled, is doing nothing.
 
I've tried to come up with solutions to both but have failed miserably.
 
Any help would really be appreciated.
 
Anthony.
 


Edited by BoDyReMoVeR - 03 Oct 2009 at 2:59am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum