Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: LIst Records returned in a single line(Horizontal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
brent21090
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote brent21090 Replybullet Topic: LIst Records returned in a single line(Horizontal
     Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 1:53pm
I have say 5 records returned in
one group and I would like to list all the records returned in one single line per group. Is there a formula I have to use to concatenate all the records returned in one group in a single line? All pulled from one field in the table but grouped by other criterias.
 
 
Thank you
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 6:20am
shared variables
GH, set the shared variable string to ""
GF, display the shared variable
Detail, add the records to your shared variable string using the := operator: aVar := aVar +", " + {table.field};
 
I know it is brief, but there are lots of posts that cover how to do this as well as Help in CR (it's where I learned it)
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum