Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic parameter option grayed out? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
FECSII
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote FECSII Replybullet Topic: Dynamic parameter option grayed out?
     Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 12:18pm
Hello,
 
This is probably a very basic question but I am trying to create a dynamic parameter using Crystal Reports XI- However in the List of Values to choose from, Static or Dynamic, the Dynamic option is grayed out (it will not allow me to select it). I can only create Static parameters. (I have created numerous Static prompts/reports.)
 
Is there a setting within Crystal that needs to be defaulted in order to use Dynamic prompts? Does the connection to the database have anything to do with it?
 
In all the documents I have researched, this should be very easy to do.
 
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 1:48pm
Did you check under the Help Files "Understanding dynamic prompts" ?
This explains pretty well when these are available or not.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum