Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Database Error Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Quote kirandb Replybullet Topic: Database Error
     Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 11:58am
I am getting an error "Error in File ~tmpe40ca5d6ac4282d0.rpt: Database Connector Error ".
 
The report is using a stored procedure. The report was running fine until i made some changes in the stored procedure. I even refreshed the SP in the report and even tried updating the same SP in the set Datasouce location.
The report runs fine when i execute locally but when i upload it to the server, i get the above error. I even tried executing other reports from the server which runs fine. Any suggestions and to where to look for?
 
Thanks,
Kiran
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
Jyothi Yepuri
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 11 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Quote Jyothi Yepuri Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:15pm
Did you check ODBC connection on the server?

Jyothi
IP IP Logged
KirtiD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote KirtiD Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 4:17am
Hey Kiran,
 
Have you updated your database? Or there is chance that you might have any print statement, or any insert statement which may not be the part of your SP. And please try to verify your report using Verify Database.
 
I'm sure there is SP problem only.
 
IP IP Logged
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Quote kirandb Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 5:47am
It worked when i removed the SP and then added the SP again. I tried verifying the database and even updating the SP. It always worked when i ran from crystal designer but when i uploaded the report to the server,it didnt work. I knew the report would work if i delete the SP and again add it but I was wondering if its a common problem. Thanks for your time.
Kiran
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum