Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Shared Variables and Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
GoCapital
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote GoCapital Replybullet Topic: Shared Variables and Subreports
     Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 7:22am

I am very new at creating Crystal Reports and am using Crystal 10.  I have created a simple report and inserted a subreport.  Now I would like to be able to create a formula in my report that adds a number from my subreport and original report.

 

I have tried using the following formula in my subreport:

 

WhilePrintingRecords:
Shared CurrencyVar :=GroupName ({CNA_ACTIVE__CONTRACT_DERIVED.Contract})

 

But I get an error that highlights the equals sign and says "A statement is expected here"

 

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong in the subreport and what formula I need to add to my main report before I can create the addition formula?

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:46am
Is that a colon or subcolon after the WhilePrintingRecords?  It needs to be a subcolon.  Also you need a name for you variable.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum