Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Need help deleting group tree info Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Topic: Need help deleting group tree info
     Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 10:22am
Working on a report to show entries that share NPI #. I have a single group that is grouped by NPI #({PrescriberList.DO_QDNPI}). There is a COUNT of the NPI # on the group level and the details and group header are suppressed if Count ({PrescriberList.D0_QDNPI}, {PrescriberList.D0_QDNPI})<2.
 
This displays the information I need correctly, but every NPI # displays in the group tree. I would like to only display the NPI #s for those that are displaying on the report.
 
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 10:52am

Sorry,

You either have to suppress the entire tree or remove the data from the report. If is is suppressed it will still appear in the tree.
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:49am

I was afraid of that. When it comes down to it, I may just have to suppress the tree, but before that I have another question concerning the same scenario. I will explain the situation a bit more in depth:

 
The report to show duplicates run off an XML file. The XML file is generated for a report that shows ALL Prescribers and thier NPI#s. I want to record/group select only the duplicate NPI numbers. Is there any way I can go about this through a record/group selection formula?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:52am
Group on NPI
do a record count using the NPI field at that group footer level
in select expert change to "group Selection"
criteria is
COUNT(NPI,NPI)>1


Edited by DBlank - 20 Aug 2009 at 11:53am
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 12:03pm

But I'll still get all the NPI #s in the Group Tree, correct?

 

I think I'll just have to Dead the group tree for this one.

 
Thanks for the help.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 12:08pm
Yep.
Once the data is pulled into Crystal (past the row level select statement) it is in the tree.
You could write a SQL Command grouping / counting your data and exclude there.


Edited by DBlank - 20 Aug 2009 at 12:08pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 12:27pm
SELECT     D0_QDNPI
FROM         dbo.PrescriberList
GROUP BY D0_QDNPI
HAVING      (COUNT(D0_QDNPI) > 1)
 
Use this to inner join to PrescriberList on D0_QDNPI set to enforce from both and that should exclude the data out from the tree
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 7:30am
I actually won't be able to do any SQL commands. We are connecting to a .TTX for development and the XML hits the report template in the true program environment. An export program is created by other programmers in the company to pull the records into the XML.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum