Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Topic: Cross Tab Help Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 7:12am
I am working on a report that is displaying the results of an online survey. Based on the way the end user wants to see the data, I am having one heck of a time. There is a main table (meeting) linked to meeting_survey to meeting_surveyanswers. The data I need is in the meeting_surveyanswers table. The two fields I am using are questiontext and answertext. There are 14 questions in the survey and all of those are housed in the one questiontext field. The answers are coded (i.e. Yes =1, No=2, or text such as "Unknown," Their Name, etc.) in the answertext field.
I need the report to look like this and it needs to be exported to excel:
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 TestName 1 1 1 2
I've tried the cross tab feature and have to suppress a bunch of summary fields since a cross tab requires you to have one. What I am currently getting is the survey taker's name on the left, but then the answer type (i.e. 1, 2, 4, Unknown, etc.) is showing on the left as a symbol of the answer type and then the summary (number) is throwing a "1" for each occurrence of the answer type on the left.
I am really at a loss here. Any help is appreciated!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum