Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Share parameters n commands Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Taha
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Taha Replybullet Topic: Share parameters n commands
     Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 6:08am

First of all sorry if the question is dumb or if the syntax/vocabulary is not right (still kinda new to CR)

Here is my case:

I have a report, with one data source.

Within this report I need to list some numbers (basically just a count) of a number of objects within 2 given dates (so far, easy)

When I build my first query, the start date and end date are both parameters that are provided by the user.

Basically I need to use the same dates for all my counts (joining tables is not really an option):

in other words:

select count(documents) from Documents where date between 'start' and 'end'

select count (ticket) from Tickets where date between 'start' and 'end'

I want to avoid having the user input the same values twice.

I'm thinking this case must have stroke someone before and I'm looking on advice on the best way to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

T.
IP IP Logged
Taha
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Taha Replybullet Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:42pm

ANy Ideas anyone ?

Can parameters be shared between many data sources at all ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 7:26am
Are you suing subreports or not here?
IP IP Logged
Taha
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Taha Replybullet Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:37am
Just using the same input parameters in many queries from different datasources and compiling everything inone report.

I would expect tough that the same case would apply for sub-reports.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum