Here is what I recommend:
1. Get Brian's book (link on this page)
and read it. Don't let it sit on the shelf like I do with my books.

2. Use the Help File in Crystal. Just use key word search and read as much of it as you can. Follow it and do the "examples" on your own data in sandbox reports.
3. Read as many posts on this site as you can from this site. mimic the problem and recommended solutions as much as you can in your sandbox reports. These are the best "real world examples" that I have seen. It will make you use parts of crystal that you may never even have looked at before.
I learn a lot from reading the other posts. You never know when a trick you see there will be what you need on the next report. Or you see a more efficient way to do something for future reports.
Hope these help

.
Edited by DBlank - 12 Aug 2009 at 1:37pm