Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: formula appears strange on CR server Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Topic: formula appears strange on CR server
     Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 12:17am
Hi
 
In my report's Page footer I have put a formula @retrieve_report_name as follows:
"Report name: " + Mid (Filename ,InstrRev (Filename,"\") + 1 )
 
The purpose of it just displays the report name without displaying the path.
 
The report is installed on CR 2008 server. When running it, I found the above was becoming 'Encryped' like 'ps_1d05ca9661b037.rpt' instead of the real name.
 
running the same report on my PC when accessing server database, the above displays OK -- the real report name.
 
could anyone please advise about this problem? Thanks in advance.
 
John
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 6:23am
I don't know for sure, but when Crystal runs, it creates a temp file/report and that is the name being shown, I suspect.  We get errors all the time, and you really don't know which report is running, at least not by the file name returned in the error.
 
I understand the purpose, and this would make a convenient cut and paste solution, but can't you just type the name in the footer?
 
I know, not elegant at all, or pass it to the report as a parameter (if the report is called by an app)?
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 3:51pm

Thanks, Lockwelle

I think I would accept your advice to just type the name.

John

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum