Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Searching memo or blob fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
wc936
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote wc936 Replybullet Topic: Searching memo or blob fields
     Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 7:52am
I would like to select records based on the appearance of a word in a blob or memo field.  Any suggestions?  The memo field name is 'FDC_Trips.narrative'
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 9:58am
instr(table.FDC_Trips.narrative}."your word here")>0
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 7:30pm
It depends on which version of Crystal you're using.  I know that will work in XI, won't work in 8.5 and lower because Crystal will only read the first 250 characters, and I'm not sure about 9 and 10.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
wc936
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote wc936 Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 9:47pm
Right now I am using 8.5, but soon will be upgrading to, I think, 11.  For now, I'm exporting the report to a text document and using "Find" to select records with the word I'm looking for.  I was hoping to write a report that would return only the records with that word in the field. 
Thanks,
Bill
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum