Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Default parameter values from concatenated fields? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bensonius
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote bensonius Replybullet Topic: Default parameter values from concatenated fields?
     Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 2:34pm
Hi All,
 
I just took over responsibility for a few Crystal Reports written in CR 8.5...I've never dealth with Crystal before at all.
 
So now my question.  I have a formula field that is called "Name" and consists of Last,First Name.  Now, the users want to be able to have a parameter with a list of default values accordingly.  I can do the select easy enough, but when it comes to the default values, you can only select existing fields in the existing tables...since this is a formulated field, there is no database field to correspond.  I dont' have access to the DB (unfortunately).
 
Is there any way to do this, or are we stuch having to type the name in free-text style?
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 10:02am
Not sure in 8.5 but in X and XI you can use a COMMAND at create the Name field using SQL, join the command to the rest of the tables and then use the command "name" field to populate your parameter

Edited by DBlank - 07 Aug 2009 at 10:02am
IP IP Logged
bensonius
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote bensonius Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 2:44pm
I ended up creating a view in the database to concatenate the Last, First Middle name fields and it worked.
 
However, now, I get the list, but there only about 1/4 of the total results showing in the parameter list (500) compared to the view (2000).  I know there are a bunch threads about changing a registry value for CR XI and that, but this is 8.5...does it have such a tweak?
 
Are there any other options to allow me to grab all the values rather than just 500 or so?
 
Thanks,
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 2:49pm
Sorry, no idea on 8.5.
If no one else chimes in here very soon you may need to start a new post asking this question. You should get more people to read it then having it buried in this post.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum