Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Calculating % difference of 2 columns in Cross-tab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
coolbananas
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote coolbananas Replybullet Topic: Calculating % difference of 2 columns in Cross-tab
     Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:02pm
Hi all

I've run into this every time I use the cross-tab. It's a pretty common scenerio so I'll be gob smacked if Crystal can't accommodate this.

I'm using Crystal version 11.

I've built a Cross-tab with 1 row grouping and 2 SUM columns. I want a 3rd column to show the percentage difference of column B and column A. It just doesn't seem possible and from the reading I've done it sounds like this is a known flaw (which I think is dealt with in version 2008 aka v12 but I can't upgrade). But I just have to check.

Sample data:
Heading: Group      | 2008 | 2009 | 09vs08
Row 1:    My Group | 500   | 400   | -20%

Cheers
Matthew
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:21am

You can mimic the look of the CT and get the results you desire with grouping and Running Totals (placing all on footers drawing lines and suppressing everything else). NOt sure how to get the third column you desire in a regular CT though. 

IP IP Logged
coolbananas
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote coolbananas Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:25pm
@DBlank: thanks for the response. I've had to take your suggested approach on many occassions however it is so much more time consuming and fiddly hence why I'm trying to work out how do to it with the CT which is so quick and easy (just limited and useless :)).

Anyone else found a work around?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum