Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Field Missing in Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
BeckyMKing
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote BeckyMKing Replybullet Topic: Field Missing in Crystal
     Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 8:16am
Ok, can anyone give me any suggestions?  When I create the connection in Crystal XI and bring in a stored procedure, a field is missing.  If I run the stored procedure outside of crystal, it appears?  It is a varchar 70 field which should pop into crystal as a string 70 field.  Anyone else ever seen this one??
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 11:54am
No although lockwelle uses stored procs pretty much for everything so he may answer better.
a few things to double check.
If you altered the stored proc make sure you update the datasource/verify databse.
Occasionally I have done this and swear a field is missing however I have development SQL set and a Live set and I only made the change in one and not the other hence the missing field (or crashing report when i try and move it).
Try and rename the field and see if it will appear.


Edited by DBlank - 30 Jul 2009 at 11:56am
IP IP Logged
BeckyMKing
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote BeckyMKing Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 12:44pm
Thank you.  Yep, did the verify database thing already and nothing...  also changed the field name in sp... nothing.   This one has stumped me.  I really have tried just about everything I can think to do...  I know there has to be something though...  If you or anyone else can think of anything else, please write!   My frustration level is rising!!  Maybe take a break and come back to it tomorrow.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 2:05pm
Hi, DBlank, asked to me to take a look.  How odd...
 
I don't connect via ODBC or OLE anymore, only ADO.Net, but this is what I need to do, everytime I change the dataset (stored proc) for my report.
 
Go to database/database location/select the connection/select the table(stored proc) inside the connection, right click and select 'Refresh'
 
click OK, go to Database/Verify Database.
 
If I don't do all those steps, the report doesn't update/'see' the new data structure.
 
Do you have multiple databases?  If so, the data connection(odbc) is pointing to the wrong database....done that.  Also, I have used the wrong sp name...done that too, takes forever to realize that you are looking at the wrong proc.
 
I can't think of any reason that a field wouldn't show up.  Is it a new field?
 
Also as a last test, try creating a report from scratch using the sp, the field should be there, if not, I would guess that the report is looking some at the wrong connection.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
BeckyMKing
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote BeckyMKing Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:20am
Thanks.  I'll try those.  I have been working on other things that kind of took priority; but I will check on some of the things you mentioned.  It is a new field and the sp is very complex.  Working for a state legislature always makes things more complex.  Smile
 
Thanks again!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum